Wednesday, March 13, 2013

What to Wear on a Cruise

Hello Spring! Winter has come and gone and now tis the season for vacationing! Cruises are especially filling up these next few months, and I myself went on a weekend getaway to the Bahamas this past week on one of those massive boats. Cruises can be especially be hard to pack for, considering all the different activities there are to do. This guide will help you pack on any endeavors you might be embarking on this season. Bon voyage!
Clothing
A lot of these outfits are obviously bringing into account the crazy cold Florida's been going through these past few weeks, but I wore all of these outfits happily on the cruise! A good bag is always a must when traveling anywhere, which is why I brought my gold chain link quilted bag. Sandals (especially good, durable ones that aren't flip-flops), closed toed shoes (like my loafers and moccasins), and boots (these were for the super early drive to get to Miami) are also a necessity if you want to travel comfortably. Depending on the cruise you're going on, some might have a Captain's Night or Gala Night where you and your family want to dress up for pictures. Be sure to bring a nice, dressy pair of sensible shoes (like my silver loafers) or some gorgeous heels to go with your dressiest outfit, as I'm sure you wouldn't want to be caught dead in flip-flops!
I'm obviously a huge lover of high waisted shorts and personally love them as my go-to for any casual outfit. High waisted, light washed shorts with a swimsuit top and cute cat-eye sunglasses are a great poolside outfit or just one for lounging around in (which is what I did, public places to swim = gross!), and can also be turned lunch-casual with a pastel long-sleeved shirt with the arms pushed up and a cute gold watch. It's especially important on cruises to bring articles of clothing you can mix and match with other articles easily to save space, as you won't have access to a laundry machine while on the ship. Also, you want to bring lots of cute dresses that make statements on their own, as then you don't have to pack nearly as many accessories!

Beauty 

I'm sure everyone knows what to pack beauty-wise for any trip they might be taking, but this is just a little insight on what I like to bring. My silver bag serves as my main makeup bag (it's actually a Victoria's Secret clutch, but I prefer it as a bag seeing as how it's so cute and portable!) and houses all my main products like moisturizer (I really recommend L'Bel's, it's so great), my little NYX eyeshadow trio, eyeshadow brush, foundation brush, color primer, concealer, eyelid primer, mascara, liquid foundation (even though I don't really use it, it's great for emergencies!), mattefying rice paper (for touch-ups), toner, and lotion. I use a bigger toiletry Victoria's Secret bag to hold my makeup wipes, bigger eyeshadow palettes (Nude'tude and Stila are my favorites), dry shampoo, lotion, body wash, body spray, cleanser, tissues, toothbrush, and a rolled up sock with bobby pins in case I need a sock bun! It might sound like a lot, but a lot of this stuff is just in case and doesn't take up a lot of room. When it comes to beauty, it's better to be safe than sorry!

Entertainment
Cruises always have shows and lots of food to keep you occupied, but I always like to bring my Nook Simple Touch along with some actual books in case I get the opportunity to read poolside (which I always make sure I get) or to read right before I go to sleep. It's really important to bring some extra things like these because you never know when you'll have free time and that way, you won't be bored! (Or overeat. Or both. It happens.)

Thanks for reading my blog post! Remember to follow me and keep a lookout for new posts! I'll be doing a style inspiration post soon.

Ashley :)


No comments:

Post a Comment